Hopefully you will all be revitalised after the Easter Bank Holiday and now might be the time to take on a new challenge and to learn a new skill?
- We all have different ways of learning that work for us, but here are a few tips on how to learn the best possible way, whether learning to swim, play an instrument, learn a language or touch type.
- Work out why you want to learn a new skill. Do you want to do something to benefit your career, to help you at work or perhaps you want to find a hobby, something to learn for fun?
- Set yourself a realistic target e.g. I want to play an instrument for fun. I want to be able to reach a typing speed of 40wpm or I’d like to be able to hold a simple conversation in Spanish for when I go on holiday.
- One of the problems I have is that I end up getting to the end of the day and I haven’t managed to fit in my exercise and it’s too late! I end up doing some sort of short workout in the kitchen but it’s not really the same. Do try to block out some time in your diary each week.
- If you are doing a screen-based activity or one with a lot of reading, then make sure you take regular breaks which will help you focus.
- Measure your progress and be proud of what you have achieved. With our touch-typing course, you will get regular speed tests to see how you are progressing although to start with, learning the keys is far more important than speed.
- Make sure you practice. It is easy to give up when you find something hard, but you will only get results if you practice.
- You might find that you achieve your goal and that you want to carry on and set yourself a new target or find something new.
Good luck with your new challenge.Contact Us